Roasted Chicken Breast With Rosemary And A Side Salad
This easy-to-make recipe pairs chicken with rosemary and a side salad for a nice light meal. Goes great with your favorite cold beverage.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (4 chicken breasts)
- 3 tbsp rosemary
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3 cups leafy greens
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put a lined pan in the middle section. In the absence of an oven, a stove top pan is sufficient.
- Place the chicken breasts, skin facing upwards, on a lined sheet pan or baking dish. Rub both the sides and under the skin with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Add according to the taste required.
- Roast for 15 minutes before flipping. Continue roasting till internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. This may take 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the breast. Ensure internal colour reaches pinkish white.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Alternatively cover with a foil sheet and let it cool for shredding or dicing. Store up to 3 days.
- Toss to combine all the salad ingredients (leafy greens, diced cherry tomatoes, diced feta cheese, walnuts) with some olive oil and salt. Serve as a fresh side.
Sodium: 709mgCalcium: 245mgVitamin C: 30mgVitamin A: 978IUSugar: 4gFiber: 2gPotassium: 1155mgCholesterol: 179mgCalories: 541kcalSaturated Fat: 9gFat: 31gProtein: 57gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!