Chicken Thai Salad
For The Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime jiuce
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
For The Salad
- 2 lbs purple cabbage (large)
- 1 lb white cabbage (small)
- 1 cup pinapple (cubed and fresh not canned)
- 1 lb cucumbers (2 large)
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
For The Dressing
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 gram sweetner (1 packet)
- 1 tsp salt and pepper (to taste)
- Garnish the breasts with minced garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Ifpossible, leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Turn on the stove over medium-high heat. Put a grill pan or a nonstick skillet. When hot, cook the chicken breasts one by one. Approximately three minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from skillet, cut into strips or cubes to your liking.
- Wash the cabbages and finely chop them with a sharp knife. Place the cut cabbage in the bottom of a mixing bowl.
- Peel the pineapple, and cut it into cubes. Add it to the salad bowl.
- Wash the cucumbers very well, and cut them crosswise in half. Extract the seeds. Then slice them into thin wheels. Add them to the salad bowl and stir very well, until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients. Lime juice, olive oil, water, peanut butter, sweetener, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir with a fork until all the ingredients are well mixed and the peanut butter has been diluted.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir well.
- Serve the salad on the plates, place the pieces of grilled chicken on top, a little peanut and sesame seeds if desired.