Chicken Kebabs With Eggplant Sauce
This is a standby with Arabic touches. Traditional Turkish kebabs, with vegetables, accompanied by eggplant cream spread.Kebabs are a recipe of Arab origin. Its preparation consists of inserting pieces of meat, in this case, chicken, on a metal or wooden skewer, alternated with colorful vegetables.The kebabs prepare very quickly, you only need to have the wooden sticks and it is recommended to marinate the chicken and the vegetables before assembling the kebabs.Eggplant cream is an ideal accompaniment to this dinner, it is low in carbohydrates and low calorie. Also, it reduces your hunger and helps to avoid temptations. You can even prepare this cream and eat it as a snack between meals when you are very hungry or anxious.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers (one red, one yellow)
- 1 onion
- 1 zuchinni
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp black pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp salt
For eggplant cream
- 1 eggplant
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp tahini (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
For the kebabs
- In a mixing bowl, place the lime juice, honey, crushed garlic, cumin, pepper, ginger, and a pinch of salt. Mix them very well until obtaining a homogeneous marinade. Reserve this mixture.
- Cut the chicken breast into cubes of similar size, about an inch. Put all the chicken in the bowl with the dressing you prepared.
- Wash the peppers, and with a sharp knife extract the light-colored seeds and veins. Then cut the peppers into large square pieces, similar in size to chicken cubes. Place the peppers with the chicken and the dressing.
- Peel the onion and cut it into cubes. Don't worry if your layers are separated. Add the onion to the bowl of the marinade.
- Wash the zucchini very well and cut it into approximately one-inch slices. Dip them with the marinade. Mix all the ingredients very well. If you have time, it's ideal to let them marinate for about an hour.
- Moisten the sticks that you will use to assemble the skewers. Then assemble the skewers, alternately inserting chicken pieces with the vegetables. When everyone is completed, place a grill pan on the stove over high heat.
- Wait for the pan to get very hot and place the skewers. Cook them for 3 minutes and turn them around. Repeat this procedure until all skewers are cooked.
For the eggplant cream
- Peel the eggplant and drizzle with lemon. Then cut it into thin sheets about ¼ inch
- Turn the stove on high heat, spread a little oil on a non-stick frying pan and when it is very hot, place the eggplant slices. Cook on both sides until browned.
- When all the eggplant slices are toasted, cut them into pieces and mash them in a food processor along with the garlic, tahini, cumin, water, olive oil, and salt.
- Serve the kebabs, accompanied by eggplant sauce. Ifyou wish, you can sprinkle a little coriander.
Sodium: 1145mgCalcium: 44mgVitamin C: 92mgVitamin A: 1957IUSugar: 13gFiber: 5gPotassium: 1301mgCholesterol: 145mgCalories: 386kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 11gProtein: 51gCarbohydrates: 21gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!